President Alvi breaks silence on speculations about absence in martyrs’ funeral
ISLAMABAD – President Arif Alvi has termed speculations about his absence from the funeral of Pakistan Army officers martyred in Balochistan helicopter crash as "unnecessary controversy".
The response comes after reports emerged that President Alvi had expressed intention to attend the funeral prayers but he was stopped by informing him that people were enraged after “PTI launched toxic and negative propaganda about the martyrs”.
The president took to his personal Twitter account to issue the clarification in this regard, a day after the martyrs were laid to rest.
“There is unnecessary controversy on why I did not attend Janaza of the Shaheeds recently. This gives me an opportunity to condemn in unequivocal terms the despicable tweets by those who are neither aware of our culture or our religion,” he wrote in the thread.
“When respect for Shahadat is also present in the Quran, how can we desecrate the memory & the sacrifice of those whom Allah has given eternal life. Like all Pakistanis I have admired the Shuhuda all my life. Since you, the Pakistani people have put me in this office of [amanat].”
It is specially difficult to condole with families where young children are the survivors. When the family members have cried, I have cried. There is no doubt in my mind that Pakistan is safe only because of their ultimate sacrifices. That is what makes me proud of Pakistan۔— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) August 5, 2022
Alvi underscored that he has called hundreds of families, attended funerals and visited them to offer his condolences.
"On your behalf, I consider it my duty to do so. The families have been proud, but we all recognise the sad and personal loss in this world," President Alvi wrote.
He said it is especially difficult to condole with families where young children are the survivors.
“When the family members have cried, I have cried. There is no doubt in my mind that Pakistan is safe only because of their ultimate sacrifices. That is what makes me proud of Pakistan."
However, the president did not mention the reason of not attending the funeral of martyrs.
Pakistani military regrets malicious social media ... 09:41 PM | 5 Aug, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistani military on Friday condemned the negative campaign on the social media following an ...
- Pakistan PM, Saudi crown prince vow to further solidify bilateral ties01:38 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- British Council partners with Koel Gallery on Art for Climate Change ...01:07 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Amazon suspends thousands of Pakistani sellers’ accounts12:47 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Mufti Taqi Usmani slams dancing performance at official Independence ...12:28 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan’s Covid-19 positivity ratio drops to 2.54%11:47 AM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Famed ‘Fiza-Shiza’ actor Kiran Tabier welcomes first child09:16 AM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly wins hearts with stunning photos in bridal outfit07:06 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Faiza Khan pays tribute to legendary Nazia Hassan with a sweet video09:41 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022