It saddens me to watch some of the octogenarian and septuagenarian politicians almost thrice the Bilawal’s age, along with many other elder and senior stalwarts of the PPP and PPPP posing to be listening so obediently and attentively but probably in reality helplessly to his rambling and at times ludicrous screeching hollers least befitting someone aspiring to lead the country.
Why do they do so? What do they expect at such stage of their lives when some – nay - most of them are already millionaires and some billionaires? Are they so avaricious that they willingly swallow such self-inflicted insults and injury to themselves and that too in public? Don’t they have any self-respect?
How do they face their families and children, one wonders? And then they expect the respect they would have been worthy of otherwise?! Sorry, it won’t be there!!
Col.Riaz Jafri (Retd)
December 6th, 2016.
- Man attempts to throw eggs at Sheikh Rasheed in Sargodha01:27 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers' vandalism causes damage of Rs70 million to cardiology ...07:22 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Winter vacations announced in Punjab06:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran felicitates UK's Boris Johnson over resounding election ...06:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019