Pakistan Army chopper crashes in Siachen, 2 pilots martyred
ISLAMABAD – At least two Pakistan Army officers were killed on Monday when the helicopter they were piloting crashed on the Siachen glacier, the world's highest battlefield, the military media wing said Monday.
A statement issued by Inter-Services Public Relations said Major Irfan Bercha and Major Raja Zeeshan Jahanzeb were martyred in the incident.
It further added that search and rescue helicopters and troops reached the incident site while the reason for the crash is yet to be ascertained.
Pakistan has also hundreds of soldiers on the Siachen glacier due to deadly crashes, avalanches, and the extreme cold. In 2012, at least 130 Pakistani soldiers embraced martyrdom in a massive avalanche in lower Siachen.
More to follow….
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021