Devastating reality of breast cancer
We can only imagine the struggles of a certain female fighting for life and surviving breast cancer but the real tough time starts after the treatment, there are hundreds of stories which don’t have happy endings such is the case of Linda who was divorced after mastectomy. Survivors husband called her “half-woman”.
In an interview with Al-Jazeera mother of three told how there are worst things than cancer like abandoning your sick wife.
This breast cancer survivor's husband called her a “half-woman” after her mastectomy. And he divorced her. pic.twitter.com/BtTz6d8Slk— AJ+ (@ajplus) January 5, 2018
Patients in Algeria are abandoned due to hair and breast loss by their husbands and families as the amount of acceptance after the treatment is very low.
Abandonment can have serious consequences on the patients!
A non-profit organization is working to support females who are abandoned by providing them facilities. An organization called “Nour Doha” is helping Linda and other females like her.
Samia Gasmi the president of Nour Doha explains how some females won’t even discuss about their diagnosis and would want to keep it a secret as they are scared they will be abandoned.
While others condemn such act:
However awareness against this killer disease and support for the patients have been shown on a very large scale , in Georgetown basketball players will be seen in pink Air Jordan’s to show support against breast cancer.
Wearing my Pink Jordan XXXII for our Men Against Breast Cancer game today. It's a cause close to my heart. Lost my sister Pauline to the disease. pic.twitter.com/gzXIi0MCsE— Patrick Ewing (@CoachEwing33) January 6, 2018
Men against breast cancer!!
Family members sharing their experiences:
Public Service Messages:
#40not50 1 in 6 breast cancers are detected in women ages 40-49.— 40not50 (@40not50) January 6, 2018
With your help we can raise awareness about this issue and help give countless women a fighting chance to detect #breastcancer when curable.
Sign the petition: https://t.co/zpIbJzgiLk pic.twitter.com/wfiKdw32LS
Women prefer ending their lives rather than getting their mastectomy done as the society will not accept them and they will be treated differently. We need to stop this horrible practice of bringing the cancer patients down smile at them with love and it will make their day. Small acts of kindness can make a difference!
- ‘Tragic Mistake’ – US acknowledges Kabul drone strike ...09:58 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021