Social media applauds Geo TV's decision to suspend Khalil-ur-Rehman's contract
LAHORE - Twitterati have come forward in droves to appreciate national television "Geo Entertainment"'s decision to suspend a contract with Khalil-ur-Rehman Qamar after he used foul language against activist Marvi Sirmed during a TV show aired this week.
Did Veena Malik just defend Khalil Ur Rehman ... 04:09 PM | 4 Mar, 2020
Khalil Ur Rehman Qamar has triggered many with his unchivalrous behaviour. With so many people ...
Let's have a look at some of the reactions:
Someone, at least SOMEONE had the courage! Thank you Geo for setting the right precedence. https://t.co/0E33qlcDwi— Sarmad Khoosat (@KhoosatSarmad) March 5, 2020
Geo suspends the contract of Khalil ur Rahman. The power of social media. pic.twitter.com/kUFeeJxWUy— Shehzad Ghias Shaikh (@Shehzad89) March 5, 2020
Geo Entertainment has suspended its play-film deal with KhalilurRehman Qamar until he apologises for abusing Marvi Sirmed. He has contracts with lots of other companies so I’m going to assume he won’t care too much about this. But it’s important that Geo has set this precedent https://t.co/I8OkkVTyMp— Mehreen Zahra-Malik (@mehreenzahra) March 5, 2020
A statement from Geo Entertainment issued Thursday (yesterday) said the contract would remain suspended until Qamar apologised, clarifying that the company had entered into a non-exclusive agreement with the writer, similar to the ones he has with other TV channels. Qamar, who is working with other TV channels as well, is also involved in a movie project that features renowned actors Mehwish Hayat and Humayun Saeed and is being shot these days.
Ushna Shah asks Khalil-ur-Rehman Qamar to realise ... 12:56 PM | 5 Mar, 2020
KARACHI - Pakistani TV star Ushna Shah on Wednesday (yesterday) condemned drama writer Khalil-ur-Rehman Qamar’s ...
"Geo believes in exchange of ideas and promoting the culture of Live and Let Live (Geo our Jeenay do) we believe that everyone has the right to express their opinions and the culture of the healthy debate should be encouraged," a statement from the channel read.
I will not accept any show on NeoTv Network until ... 03:39 PM | 4 Mar, 2020
Khalil Ur Rehman Qamar crossed every limit, the moment he decided to go on national television and curse and ...
The statement further said such debates should be held in the norms of decency and with respect. "He [Qamar] not only used abusive language against a woman but also refused to accept his mistake and apologise for it," read the statement.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 34 deaths; Coronavirus cases reach 2,38609:09 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- PM Imran to reach Lahore on a day-long visit today08:34 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Chinese girl smashes money pot to aid Pakistan combat Covid-1912:24 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019