PM Nawaz inaugurates work on Sukkur-Multan Motorways project
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah and other political heads were also present on the occasion.
The 393 kilometer long motorway project is part of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). The six-lane motorway, which passes through Multan-Jalalpur Peerwala Ahmed Pur East, Ubaro and Pano Aqil, will terminate at Sukkur.
54 bridges will be constructed along the route, including one major bridge on River Sutlej. Under the project, construction of 12 service areas, 10 rest areas, 11 interchanges, 10 Flyovers and 426 underpasses will also be constructed by the end of 2017.
Earlier, on May 3 Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif laid the foundation stone for a gas supply project to five Union Councils of Bannu. PM also inaugurated four major highways projects in Bannu.
Last month, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif visited Mansehra and inaugurated the second phase of Motorways and Sui Gas supply projects for Oghi Tehsil.
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab to take action against substandard cosmetic products12:41 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Car-trailer collision claims five lives on M4-Motorway near Gojra10:56 AM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020