PM Imran calls for comprehensive roadmap to address stunting issue
ISLAMABAD - While chairing the first meeting of Pakistan National Nutrition Coordination Council (PNNCC), Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the concerned authorities to formulate a comprehensive roadmap to address the issues of stunting.
The Prime Minister directed asked the Special Assistant on National Health Services and Special Assistant on Poverty Alleviation to prepare roadmap, in consultations with the provinces, based on time lines which will be presented with the Council of Common Interests (CCI).
He said the federal government will continue to play its role to address the issue of stunted growth.
The meeting was informed that planning was done in the past 10 years to meet the nutrition requirements of women and children but it was never effectively implemented.
The result is that today about 40 percent of children are the victims of stunted growth, while in Sindh, the ratio stands at 50 percent.
- UN stockpiling billion syringes for Covid-19 vaccine11:50 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Punjab govt finds Ramazan Bazaar-type solution to beat inflation10:59 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PM’s special aide Sania Nishtar tests positive for coronavirus09:53 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Eid Miladun Nabi — PIA announces special discount on flights for ...08:47 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Top UK general acknowledges Pakistan Army's efforts for regional peace08:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Is '50 Crore' truly a desi version of 'Money Heist'?02:28 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Yolanda Hadid shares new photo of Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik's baby ...12:08 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Zaid Ali T gifts his wife a brand new car11:27 AM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PTA unblocks Tiktok in Pakistan03:16 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PCB announces squad for Zimbabwe series01:53 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Captain (retd) Safdar's arrest occurred under "extreme pressure", ...12:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif’s summons posted in local newspapers11:19 AM | 19 Oct, 2020