Rare parrots rescued by wildlife dept in RY Khan
ISLAMABAD - The wildlife department in Rahim Yar Khan on Tuesday rescued dozens of parrots of rare species that were being smuggled to Karachi.
The birds were found during a raid at the Rahim Yar Khan railway station, a spokesperson for the wildlife department said.
"The parrots were locked up in four boxes that were kept in a bogie of the Khyber Mail Express traveling from Lahore to Karachi," the spokesperson said.
According to a wildlife inspector, railways officials were suspected of their involvement in the smuggling bid.
He said carrying rare species of birds from one city to another was illegal.
The birds have been shifted to a wildlife park.
- PM Imran directs to introduce technology in FBR to ensure ...08:31 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Army Chief reiterates to enhance combat readiness to withstand ...11:49 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- No plan to impose governor rule in Sindh, says Imran Ismail10:50 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- ‘Samsung AI Forum 2020’ explores future of Artificial ...10:04 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- 'Parwaz Hai Junoon' to commercially release in China in November01:36 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Maya Ali and Emmad Irfani to star in Shoaib Mansoor's upcoming film12:37 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's ‘Bench’ screened at Cannes International ...12:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran and CM Buzdar irked over CCPO leaked call controversy02:51 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Twitter showed Jammu and Kashmir as part of China01:47 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- No, there is no 'Civil War' in Karachi; Indian fake news on Pakistan ...01:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020