IAEA commends Pakistan's nuclear security measures
ISLAMABAD – The International Atomic Energy Agency has commended Pakistan's nuclear security measures, the country's state broadcaster said on Saturday.
The remarks were made by Head of IAEA's Nuclear Security Division Abdul Aziz Raja Adnan during a visit to Karachi Nuclear Power Plant. He described the measures taken by Pakistan in consistent with the IAEA's recommendations.
The head of IAEA's Security Division also met with Chairman of Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority Zaheer Ayub Baig and Chairman Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission Muhammad Naeem.
A delegation of IAEA headed by Raja Adnan was on a visit to Pakistan to further strengthen the ongoing cooperation between Pakistan and the nuclear watchdog.
Meanwhile, in a statement, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal said Pakistan has undertaken a range of measures to strengthen the nuclear security.
He said Pakistan is actively participating and contributing in IAEA's efforts to promote nuclear security.
- Senators express concern over wheat shortage, price hike10:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019