UAE becomes the first country to adopt 4.5-day working week
The gulf nation changes official weekend to Saturday-Sunday
DUBAI – The United Arab Emirates has announced to cut the working week to four-and-a-half days as Emirati officials move its weekend in line with most of the non-Arab world.
Reports in gulf media said the national working week will be mandatory for government bodies from the start of next year as the country aimed at improving work-life balance and economic competitiveness.
UAE will become the only country in the Middle East with a Saturday-Sunday weekend and with the major changes, the weekend will start at noon on Fridays.
#UAE announces today that it will transition to a four and a half day working week, with Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday forming the new weekend.— UAEGOV (@UAEmediaoffice) December 7, 2021
All Federal government departments will move to the new weekend from January 1, 2022. pic.twitter.com/tQoa22pai9
The country, known for ultramodern architecture, also changed its official working timings. Official working hours will be between 7:30 am until 3:30 pm from Monday to Thursday, while Fridays will be a 4.5-hour day, from 7:30 am until 12 pm and Friday prayers across the country will be held from 1:15 pm.
Reports quoting officials said the new work routine will bring the country’s financial sector into closer alignment with global real-time trading and communications-based transactions which will boost trading opportunities besides providing a flexible, secure, and enjoyable lifestyle.
COVID-19: UAE issues new guidelines for Pakistani ... 04:35 PM | 17 Aug, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Authorities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Tuesday issued a new set of rules for visitors that ...
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:40 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 05 July 202208:25 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Terror suspect arrested in Indian occupied Kashmir was 'an active BJP ...12:14 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Fomer MQM minister Babar Ghauri arrested at Karachi airport11:52 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Deadline for Sharjah Government Communication Award submissions ...10:51 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill’s Punjabi version of ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ ...07:53 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- TikTok star Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:42 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022