'Govt launches Zindagi App to create awareness about hazards of narcotics'
ISLAMABAD - Minister of State for States and Frontier Region Shehryar Khan Afridi informed the National Assembly that the present government had given a national anti-narcotics policy to check the menace of drug abuse.
Responding to question during Question hour, he said a “Zindagi App” had also been launched to create awareness amongst the youth about the hazards of narcotics.
The Minister also sought the help of parliamentarians to create awareness among the people against the drug.
He said that the Ministry of Narcotics Control was conducting lectures, seminars and aired programs on TV, radio and arranged walks to create awareness against drugs.
He said that the “National Drug Use Survey” was carried out in 2013 and a fresh survey was underway and likely to be completed in 2020.
He said that his ministry took the matter of inclusion of drug awareness chapters in the curriculum of students with all provincial governments. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had included drug awareness chapters in the curriculum from 6 to 8 grade, he added.
Anti Drug Awareness chapter had also been included in the 9th class English subject of Punjab Curriculum and Textbook Board, Lahore. Moreover, the government of Sindh had included drug awareness lessons from class 6-12. However, the response from the government of Balochistan was still awaited.
A meeting of the Federal Minister for Narcotics Control with the owners of 24 private schools system was held on September 11, 2019, for creating awareness among the students in schools against the menace of drug use and its harmful effects on life.
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sri Lanka to reopen for tourism in August, with strict coronavirus ...05:27 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020