21st martyrdom anniversary of Havaldar Lalak Jan Shaheed being observed today
LAHORE - The 21st martyrdom anniversary of Kargil War Hero Havaldar Lalak Jan Shaheed, Nishan-e-Haider is being observed at his native village in Ghizer, Gilgit-Baltistan (GB).
Wreath laying ceremony will be held to pay respect and homage to recall the pledge to safeguard Pakistan's territorial integrity and sovereignty.
Meanwhile, a ceremony will also be held at Nawan Kili Swabi to mark the martyrdom anniversary of Captain Karnal Sher Khan Shaheed.
It is pertinent to mention that Captain Karnal Sher Khan and Havaldar Lalak Jan embraced martyrdom at Gultari sector on the Line of Control in 1999 during the Kargil conflict.
Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has paid glowing tribute to Kargil War heroes Captain Karnal Sher Khan and Havaldar Lalak Jan saying that the martyrs wrote history with their blood against all odds.
In a tweet message DG ISPR quoted Army Chief General as saying: "there is nothing more honourable than laying one’s life for defence of the motherland. Nation is proud of its gallant sons for valour and unwavering allegiance to defend the country, regardless of the cost”.
...”There is nothing more honourable than laying one’s life for defence of the motherland. Nation is proud of its gallant sons for valour & unwavering allegiance to defend the country, regardless of the cost”. COAS (2/2)#OurMartyrsOurHeroes— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) July 6, 2020
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020