Sanctions against Pakistan not under consideration, says Mark Toner
In his daily press briefing, Deputy Spokesperson of US State Department Mark Toner said Washington has been encouraged by steps of Pakistan against terrorist groups along its border with Afghanistan.
He said there are no suggestions of any kind of sanctions against Pakistan.
“The query was whether we’re looking at sanctioning Pakistan. No. The answer is that we’re working with Pakistan, we’re taking in our concerns clear that they necessitate to depart after all the terrorist groups that are operating or seeking safe harbor on their land.
And that’s been our clear objective for a long time now. We have seen progress, but we need to find out more,” he stated, while replying to a query.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:52 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan gets $1 billion loan from China10:41 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Sajid Sadpara to scale K2 in search of Ali Sadpara's body10:30 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 25 June 202109:57 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19 takes another 44 lives in Pakistan09:00 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Deepika Padukone's comment on husband's post winning hearts11:54 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani gives a sneak peek into her US trip06:17 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Britney Spears calls for end to 'abusive' conservatorship04:26 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021