'Schools in Punjab to reopen from Sept 15'
LAHORE - The Punjab government on Monday decided to reopen schools in phases starting from Sept 15, Minister for School Education Dr Murad Raas announced on Twitter.
The development comes as the federal and provincial governments sit together today to decide on the reopening of more than 300,000 educational institutions, closed in March following the coronavirus outbreak in the country, across the country.
All Public and Private Schools to allow only 50% of students in one day. Alternative days will have the other 50% students. No Double Shift on a single day will be allowed. https://t.co/Q9d4JKz9er— Murad Raas (@DrMuradPTI) September 7, 2020
A meeting of the inter-provincial education ministers’ conference (IPEMC) is ongoing, according to the education ministry and a countrywide decision on the opening of schools is expected later today, reported Pakistan Today.
The ministers are discussing the implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) in educational institutions as well as making the students and parents aware of precautionary measures, it said.
The meeting is also deliberating on the phase-wise opening of schools.
- Punjab to take action against substandard cosmetic products12:41 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Car-trailer collision claims five lives on M4-Motorway near Gojra10:56 AM | 20 Sep, 2020
- PML-N's Supremo Nawaz Sharif to virtually attend APC today10:14 AM | 20 Sep, 2020
- New common Expo Centers to be established in Punjab to boost ...09:36 AM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020