'Jinnah was right', Indians feel sorry for supporting Hindu-led ideology since 1947 partition
NEW DELHI – Farmers in India announced a nationwide strike on Tuesday while staging a huge demonstration on the Dehli border against new agricultural laws passed by Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
While millions in India took to the streets to protest against the Hindu-nationalist party, others, who couldn’t join the protests, took to social media in support of the farmers.
‘Bharat bandh’: India shutdown as millions ... 09:23 PM | 8 Dec, 2020
NEW DELHI – Farmers in India have begun their nationwide strike over amid large-scale protests and clashes over ...
A hashtag that got viral was #Jinnah where Indians seem to agree with the ideology of Pakistan’s founder – the Quaid-e-Azam, Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
Many other hashtags including #IndiaShutdown, #FarmersProtest started to trend on Twitter in the entire region.
Godi media is trying to propagate that Farmers protests are causing inconvenience to many particularly Ambulances.— Madhu ✋ (@Vignesh_TMV) December 8, 2020
Agitating farmers giving way to an ambulance 🚑 at the blocked Ghazipur Border flyover on NH 24.#BharatBandh #FarmersProtest pic.twitter.com/LNeQY1VuMr
Also, Pakistanis also took to the social media to show their support for the Indian farmers with #PakStandsWithIndianFarmers that is trending today.
Meanwhile, thousands of people were protesting in support of the farmers outside the Indian embassy in central London.
London Kisaan Rally Photos 2020. In solidarity with farmers from Punjab & across India ➡️https://t.co/NxrVlQk1Tr#londonkisaanrally #kisaancarrally #kisaanektaazindabaad #farmersprotest #nofarmersnofood #IStandWithFarmers #SpeakUpForFarmers #TakeBackFarmLaws pic.twitter.com/LCZKQRmnIJ— Punjab2000 (@Punjab2000music) December 7, 2020
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, protest sites around New Delhi have turned into camps with entire families cooking and sleeping in the open and Sikh religious organisations were providing them with face masks, water and food.
At least 20 regional and national opposition parties backed the call for the strike.
'Ginnah': Pics of alcoholic drink named after ... 10:10 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
Pictures of an alcoholic drink, named after Pakistan’s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah, have stirred a controversy on ...
- Man arrested for forcing Hindu worker to abuse deities in Tharparkar ...10:46 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- South Africa lauds Pakistan’s role in Afghan Peace Process10:19 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan, Azerbaijan and Turkey sign Baku Declaration for improved ...09:42 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Five killed after policemen open fire at each other in India09:18 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan highly values bilateral ties with KSA, President Alvi tells ...08:41 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi sets temperature soaring with new dance video in saree05:31 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Sonya Hussyn hints at getting married soon04:32 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Humayun Saeed turns 5003:20 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021