'Jinnah was right', Indians feel sorry for supporting Hindu-led ideology since 1947 partition
NEW DELHI – Farmers in India announced a nationwide strike on Tuesday while staging a huge demonstration on the Dehli border against new agricultural laws passed by Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
While millions in India took to the streets to protest against the Hindu-nationalist party, others, who couldn’t join the protests, took to social media in support of the farmers.
‘Bharat bandh’: India shutdown as millions ... 09:23 PM | 8 Dec, 2020
NEW DELHI – Farmers in India have begun their nationwide strike over amid large-scale protests and clashes over ...
A hashtag that got viral was #Jinnah where Indians seem to agree with the ideology of Pakistan’s founder – the Quaid-e-Azam, Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
Many other hashtags including #IndiaShutdown, #FarmersProtest started to trend on Twitter in the entire region.
Godi media is trying to propagate that Farmers protests are causing inconvenience to many particularly Ambulances.— Madhu ✋ (@Vignesh_TMV) December 8, 2020
Agitating farmers giving way to an ambulance 🚑 at the blocked Ghazipur Border flyover on NH 24.#BharatBandh #FarmersProtest pic.twitter.com/LNeQY1VuMr
Also, Pakistanis also took to the social media to show their support for the Indian farmers with #PakStandsWithIndianFarmers that is trending today.
Meanwhile, thousands of people were protesting in support of the farmers outside the Indian embassy in central London.
London Kisaan Rally Photos 2020. In solidarity with farmers from Punjab & across India ➡️https://t.co/NxrVlQk1Tr#londonkisaanrally #kisaancarrally #kisaanektaazindabaad #farmersprotest #nofarmersnofood #IStandWithFarmers #SpeakUpForFarmers #TakeBackFarmLaws pic.twitter.com/LCZKQRmnIJ— Punjab2000 (@Punjab2000music) December 7, 2020
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, protest sites around New Delhi have turned into camps with entire families cooking and sleeping in the open and Sikh religious organisations were providing them with face masks, water and food.
At least 20 regional and national opposition parties backed the call for the strike.
'Ginnah': Pics of alcoholic drink named after ... 10:10 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
Pictures of an alcoholic drink, named after Pakistan’s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah, have stirred a controversy on ...
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:00 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily COVID-19 cases since March08:50 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021