PTV terminates eight employees including former captain Rashid Latif
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Television Corporation on Tuesday has fired eight employees including former Pakistan cricket team captain and analyst Rashid Latif.
Rashid Latif was working as an analyst on Pakistan Television’s talk show Game On Hai, hosted by Dr Nauman Niaz. He was the second-highest paid employee on the list, getting a salary of Rs950,000.
As per the sources, the newly appointed PTV chairman Naeem Bukhari directed the terminations in a meeting with the board of directors.
Naeem Bokhari gets key office at PTV 08:13 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – PTI lawyer and political adviser Shahzada Naeem Bokhari has been appointed as an independent director ...
In a notification issued, the state television cited a shortage of funds for terminating the employees. It has 3,560 full-time workers, and is looking at ways to reduce the number of contractual employees.
It further said that it was decided to drastically reduce the number of contract employees on high salaries; therefore, the dismissal of the octet, of which Latif is a part, was recommended.
On the other hand, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting also approved the decision.
ICC nominates two Pakistani cricketers for awards ... 09:18 AM | 27 Nov, 2020
LAHORE – Pakistan’s current head coach Misbahul Haq and leg-spinner Yasir Shah have been nominated for ICC ...
- Minal Khan finds a perfect duplicate!09:56 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Ahmad Nawaz: Pakistan school shooting survivor takes charge as Oxford ...06:41 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Abrarul Haq serves legal notice to UK record label over ‘Nach ...04:58 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022