iOS15: Apple unveils better privacy control to keep an eye on apps collecting user’s data
CALIFORNIA – American tech giant Apple introduced better privacy control across its operating systems in a bid to protect user's data.
‘App privacy report’ is the company’s latest feature which was unveiled at the WWDC – its annual developer’s conference.
Report of international media cited that the new App Privacy Report on iPhones will show privacy details including third-party domains contacted by an installed application. The US-based company now powered users to keep a check on the applications collecting user data.
Apple users with the latest operating system can be able to mitigate tracking pixels within marketing emails so the sender of an email with tracking pixel won't be able to see a user's IP address or whether they've opened the message. It allows users to create random email addresses that forward messages to a personal inbox while keeping a user's real email address private.
What a delivery! Woman orders iPhone 12 Pro Max ... 11:32 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
ANHUI – A woman in China was shocked to receive apple flavoured milk instead of her smartphone iPhone 12 Pro Max, ...
iOS15 also encrypted user's traffic besides masking their location. Users will also be updated about the usage of the microphone, camera, and phone gallery also which third parties they have connected with in the last seven days.
Besides the primary security features, it also updated audio processing so voice commands to Apple's smart assistant will not be uploaded to central servers. Safari browser will also bar third parties from accessing the user's IP address to block tracking.
However, a previous move by the tech giant to offer its customers a choice over whether to accept tracking for the purposes of advertising was criticized by a number of firms, including Facebook and other free-to-use services, for which ad tracking is the primary source of generating huge revenue.
WhatsApp no longer requires users in this country ... 02:40 PM | 26 May, 2021
ANKARA – Turkey’s officials confirmed that WhatsApp won’t apply the controversial data-sharing update ...
The firm also showed off a raft of updates to its Facetime video calling platform. Additionally, Apple will also be able to store state-issued identification cards digitally on iPhones.
The new strict features of Apple are part of a broader slate of privacy features that are debuting across iOS 15, macOS Monterey, and Apple's other software updates later in 2021.
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021