Modest fashion revolution: Nike designs hijab for female athletes
Famous for designing sports/fashion footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories, Nike has always been at the forefront when it comes to designing sportswear that is as practical as it is comfortable.
With this in mind, it did not come as a surprise when Nike designed a sports hijab for female athletes to allow Muslim sportswomen to participate in sports, while compromising on Islamic principles at the same time. This comes as great news for Muslim athletes who have traditionally struggled with finding breathable fabrics to wick away the sweat as they compete in professional sports.
The hijab is made of light and stretchy fabric that includes tiny holes that will ease breathing. It is available in three colors: black, gray and obsidian.
The product, which has been in development for a year, was tested by several athletes including figure skater Zahra Lari.
- Six Kashmiris martyred in fake Indian encounters in February04:08 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- KP to avail cheap electricity as Nepra grants licence for ...03:49 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- ISPR releases promo for Pakistan Day02:59 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Ejaz Durrani, ex-husband of Madam Noor Jehan, passes away in Lahore01:30 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Alhamra events resume with a grand-scale singing contest as COVID-19 ...06:19 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021