Modest fashion revolution: Nike designs hijab for female athletes
With Nike, "Just Do It" isn't just a meaningless marketing slogan. It's a principle they live by. The slogan encourages its target market to live by their dreams and push their limits
Famous for designing sports/fashion footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories, Nike has always been at the forefront when it comes to designing sportswear that is as practical as it is comfortable.
With this in mind, it did not come as a surprise when Nike designed a sports hijab for female athletes to allow Muslim sportswomen to participate in sports, while compromising on Islamic principles at the same time. This comes as great news for Muslim athletes who have traditionally struggled with finding breathable fabrics to wick away the sweat as they compete in professional sports.
The hijab is made of light and stretchy fabric that includes tiny holes that will ease breathing. It is available in three colors: black, gray and obsidian.
The product, which has been in development for a year, was tested by several athletes including figure skater Zahra Lari.
View this post on Instagram
Can't believe this is finally here!! I'm super super excited to announce the Nike Pro hijab !! So proud to be part of this incredible journey 💪🏼 #nikewomen #girlpower #Repost @vivienneballa with @repostapp ・・・ New Nike 'Pro Hijab' campaign out today. Featuring Zahra Lari 🖤 _____________ #nike #nikewomen #campaign #prohijab #hijab #justdoit _____________ 📸: @viviennesballa
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019