National Assembly passes resolution to pay homage to women
According to the APP, the resolution was moved by Shaista Pervaiz Malik in the house on behalf of all the members.
The house appreciated all the women who had contributed to the democratic struggle in the country. The resolution condemned all acts of injustice, discrimination and violence against women.
The resolution acknowledged that there was still a long path to traverse for making conducive environment for the empowerment and protection of women as guaranteed by the Constitution.
It may be mentioned here that like other countries in the world, Pakistan is also observing International Women’s Day 2017 today (Wednesday) with a resolve to empower women.
The day (March 8) brings an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women who have achieved success and proved to be at par with men in diverse fields of life.
A number of events are being organised across the country to mark the economic, political and social achievements of women. Several organisations are holding seminars, conferences, to highlight the issues facing women in Pakistan.
- Pakistan pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi and Shahid Afridi's daugher to get ...09:23 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill eight terrorists including 3 commanders in ...08:26 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Changing Obesity Leadership Forum held to mark the World Obesity Day07:41 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021