PIA's iconic Roosevelt Hotel in New York announces to close doors permanently
KARACHI – Roosevelt Hotel, a luxury place in New York and owned by Pakistan International Airlines, has announced to shut its services permanently by October 31 this year.
The hotel originally opened in 1924 and it was taken by the national carrier on lease in 1979 and later purchased in 1999.
The development comes months after the PTI government decided to not sell the iconic hotel located in Manhattan, New York. It had decided to run the hotel through joint venture.
The Roosevelt Hotel, a NYC institution, has announced it is closing its doors permanently. So many evenings I wandered over to the Madison Club Lounge after work for a martini & shrimp cocktail just read a book by myself for a couple hours. Old New York is dying, heartbreaking. pic.twitter.com/Fds7rcgQDz— Michelle Kinney 🏴☠️ (@MichelleKinney) October 8, 2020
The hotel in its statement said that the decision has been taken due to economic reasons.
- PM expresses ‘deep grief’ over tragic deaths in Jalalabad stampede11:17 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Arab world’s modern-day cultural pioneers, intellectuals to convene ...10:42 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- COAS Bajwa visits forward areas at Chamb sector along LoC09:56 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- US President Trump has active bank account in China, reveals leading ...09:15 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Lahore CCPO Sheikh mysteriously goes on leave a day after leaked ...08:29 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Fast & Furious franchise soon to reach the finish line!03:24 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Imran Abbas meets Ertugrul star Cem Uçan in Turkey02:23 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Shahid Afridi celebrates 20 years of marriage01:17 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- At least five killed, 20 injured in explosion near Karachi's Maskan ...10:27 AM | 21 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020