Arrested Al-Qaeda member Major (retd) Haroon shifted to Islamabad amid tight security
According to jail authorities, Maj Haroon Ashiq was secretly taken to Hyderabad airport from where he flew off to Karachi and then to the capital.
The accused Haroon was arrested after it emerged that he had links with banned outfits. He was shifted to Karachi jail after he was allegedly found involved in the kidnapping of prominent Karachi-based tycoon Satish Anand.
Haroon was taken to Hyderabad jail after the Karachi jail break incident unfolded.
According to sources, the cases against him winded up in Sindh province and for proceedings in Rawalpindi Anti Terrorism court, Haroon was taken to Islamabad.
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021