Pakistan Navy Day being celebrated with gusto
Apart from air-force, the Navy contingents through its ‘Operation Dwarka’ or ‘Operation Somnath.’ on the night between 7th and 8th September 1965 cast a spell on India.
A fleet of seven ships that included PNS Alamgir, PNS Babur, PNS Badr, PNS Khaibar, PNS Jahangir, PNS Shah Jahan and PNS Tipu Sultan set sail for Dwarka (city in the Indian state of Gujarat).
The primary objective of the attack ostensibly was to destroy the radar station at Dwarka which Pakistani Naval intelligence believed had a Huff-Duff beacon to guide Indian bombers.
According to reports, the first nine shells fired by the Pakistani warships hit the Indian Naval Radar station directly destroying most of the infrastructure, killing 13 sailors, and two officers. The Naval Radar Station was being used by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to attack Pakistan territory but, after the effective attack by the Pakistan Navy, IAF had to suspend its operation.
The main ceremony in this regard will be held at PNS Qasim Manora on Friday afternoon.
The families of the martyrs of Pakistan Navy have especially been invited to attend the prestigious ceremony.
On September 6, the nation observed Defence Day with a traditional zeal and fervor.
- PAKvNED: Pakistan beat Netherlands by 16 runs in first ODI11:00 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed, scores injured in deadly bus accident ...10:48 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir talks about life after Asim Azhar controversy09:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- TikToker Dolly celebrates birthday in style04:29 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Why Mushk Kaleem's mother did not allow her to wear a saree?08:06 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022