Pakistan Navy Day being celebrated with gusto
Apart from air-force, the Navy contingents through its ‘Operation Dwarka’ or ‘Operation Somnath.’ on the night between 7th and 8th September 1965 cast a spell on India.
A fleet of seven ships that included PNS Alamgir, PNS Babur, PNS Badr, PNS Khaibar, PNS Jahangir, PNS Shah Jahan and PNS Tipu Sultan set sail for Dwarka (city in the Indian state of Gujarat).
The primary objective of the attack ostensibly was to destroy the radar station at Dwarka which Pakistani Naval intelligence believed had a Huff-Duff beacon to guide Indian bombers.
According to reports, the first nine shells fired by the Pakistani warships hit the Indian Naval Radar station directly destroying most of the infrastructure, killing 13 sailors, and two officers. The Naval Radar Station was being used by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to attack Pakistan territory but, after the effective attack by the Pakistan Navy, IAF had to suspend its operation.
The main ceremony in this regard will be held at PNS Qasim Manora on Friday afternoon.
The families of the martyrs of Pakistan Navy have especially been invited to attend the prestigious ceremony.
On September 6, the nation observed Defence Day with a traditional zeal and fervor.
- Indian forces kill two more youth in occupied Kashmir07:54 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan's FM Qureshi to lead Muslim countries' delegation to New ...07:26 PM | 17 May, 2021
- COAS Bajwa condoles demise of ANP’s Begum Naseem Wali Khan06:31 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021