Pakistan Navy Day being celebrated with gusto
Apart from air-force, the Navy contingents through its ‘Operation Dwarka’ or ‘Operation Somnath.’ on the night between 7th and 8th September 1965 cast a spell on India.
A fleet of seven ships that included PNS Alamgir, PNS Babur, PNS Badr, PNS Khaibar, PNS Jahangir, PNS Shah Jahan and PNS Tipu Sultan set sail for Dwarka (city in the Indian state of Gujarat).
The primary objective of the attack ostensibly was to destroy the radar station at Dwarka which Pakistani Naval intelligence believed had a Huff-Duff beacon to guide Indian bombers.
According to reports, the first nine shells fired by the Pakistani warships hit the Indian Naval Radar station directly destroying most of the infrastructure, killing 13 sailors, and two officers. The Naval Radar Station was being used by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to attack Pakistan territory but, after the effective attack by the Pakistan Navy, IAF had to suspend its operation.
The main ceremony in this regard will be held at PNS Qasim Manora on Friday afternoon.
The families of the martyrs of Pakistan Navy have especially been invited to attend the prestigious ceremony.
On September 6, the nation observed Defence Day with a traditional zeal and fervor.
- PAF trainer aircraft crashes near Mardan, pilot martyred (VIDEO)01:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad today12:14 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021