Abid Sher Ali’s ‘Marhab’ tweet sparks massive backlash
Abid Sher Ali said in the tweet:
For those who might not know who Marhab really was, the historical figure was a Jewish chieftain in Arabia when Muslims, under the command of Hazrat Ali (RA) had attacked the Jewish fort in Khyber. Hazrat Ali had challenged Marhab to a duel and the opponent, who was famed for his height and strength, came out in a one-on-one battle against Ali (RA). Marhab was eventually killed by Hazrat Ali in the duel.
According to the tradition, Hazrat Ali (RA) had hit Marhab’s head with his sword, splitting his body into two.
Below are some of the reactions that were seen on Twitter immediately after the tweet went viral.
Marhab????? Garmi zaida hi lag gai hai bechare ko— Afsheen zaka (@afsheen_zaka) August 9, 2017
Jahalat at it's peak. Dasween tak parhleta to ye sab na karta sheru— Arsalan Younus (@mArsalanYounus) August 9, 2017
- PAKVSNZ: Six Pakistani cricket players test coronavirus positive11:41 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tests positive for coronavirus10:01 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 26 November 202009:34 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:27 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020