Pakistan's FM Qureshi boycotts Indian minister's speech at Istanbul conference over Kashmir siege
ISTANBUL - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Monday boycotted the speech of an Indian minister at a regional conference in the Turkey in protest against ongoing brutalities in Occupied Kashmir.
The 8th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process, which aims at promoting peace in Afghanistan, was convened on Monday in Istanbul under ‘Peace, Partnership, Prosperity’ theme.
As soon as Indian Minister VK Singh started his speech at the conference, Qureshi left his seat and walked out of the hall.
According to an official, the minister did it as a protest against the curfew and Indian atrocities in IOJK.
Occupied Kashmir has been under siege since August 5 when the BJP-led government revoked Article 370 ending the limited autonomy for the region and clamped a curfew to stop protests.
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019