Punjab Govt increases Lahore Metro bus fare by Rs 10
LAHORE – The government of Punjab has increased the fare of Lahore’s metro bus service by Rs 10.
According to media reports, Punjab Finance and Transport Departments had recommended Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar to increase the fare by Rs 20 in order to reduce the annual subsidy to Rs 10.50 by fixing the fare at Rs 50.
The departments briefed the CM that the province is giving annual subsidy of Rs 12.30 billion on current rates.
The Punjab CM was also told that motorcycle rickshaws and wagons on the same rout are charging the passengers Rs 40 and Rs 50 respectively.
However, the Punjab CM rejected the proposal and ordered to fix the fares at Rs 40.
- Pakistan rejects Indian PM Modi's war-mongering remarks06:10 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards04:39 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Of the Sellers of Gender Stereotypes04:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- TDAP participating in Argentina textile fair in April03:42 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Four Pakistani students in China get novel coronavirus'03:40 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019