Indonesian passenger plane with over 60 onboard crashes into sea soon after takeoff
A domestic Airline of Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air plane carrying more than 60 people crashed into the Java Sea after taking off from the Indonesian capital on Saturday.
A spokeswoman for the transport ministry said the Sriwijaya Air Boeing 737 lost contact near West Kalimantan province when it was en route to Pontianak on the island of Borneo
According to airliner, the Boeing 737-524 had 62 people aboard.
A website that monitors flights, Flightradar24.com, said that the ill-fated plane took off amid heavy rain and it lost lost more than 10,000 feet of altitude in less than 60 seconds.
The Indonesian National Search and Rescue Agency also confirmed that it had found debris of the 26-year-old plane in waters just northwest of Jakarta.
It added that darkness had hampered the search activities.
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Yemen's Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia village04:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021