SAARC CCI president Ruwan Edirisinghe to visit Pakistan from July 10
During his two-day visit, he would hold the meeting with SAARC CCI headquarter building committee besides meeting with local business community and government officials to accelerate the efforts of the SAARC chamber in promoting economic, trade and investment linkages across the region.
SAARC CCCI Senior Vice President Iftikhar Ali Malik in a statement on Monday said Ruwan, a leading industrialist, and investor from Sri Lanka, is arriving in Islamabad and will meet the business community and hold meeting with SAARC CCI Headquarter building committee to evaluate the construction work of the building.
95 percent structure of the building has been completed under the supervision of high profile internationally accredited architects and designers.
He said the government of Pakistan and magnates have contributed over 80 percent of the total of the cost of the project valued at more than rupees one billion. He hoped that it will be completed before the end of the current calendar, said Ali Malik.
During his stay, Ruwan is likely to meet important government officials and trade leaders. He said his focus will continue to prioritize better connectivity and establishment of SAARC industrial parks for better investment facilitation, added Iftikhar Malik.
Highlighting upcoming meetings of SAARC CCI President here in Pakistan, Iftikhar Malik said the agenda of the meetings will be focused on enhancing trade among all the SAARC countries- Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Maldives, and Afghanistan. The matters pertaining to free trade in the SAARC region will also be discussed threadbare.
He said it will also be discussed in details about the proposal of harmonization of customs procedures and documentation in the region to facilitate movement of goods across the borders.
He also reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment to regional cooperation under the umbrella of SAARC for promoting the welfare of the people of South Asia, improving their quality of life, economic progress, social uplift and cultural cooperation.
- Pakistan gets UAE nod to hold remaining matches of PSL in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021