Sergei Skripal is Britisher attacked by MI5, Russia dispute claims of UK police over nationality of hospitalized spy
Moscow, not only disputed the nationality of the spy but went a mile more claiming that he was attacked by the British counter-intelligence MI5, instead of British claims that Skirpal and his daughter were poisoned by nerve agents.
He was actually a British spy, working for MI6 pic.twitter.com/PPAcE8a9vz— Russian Embassy, UK (@RussianEmbassy) March 8, 2018
The 66-year-old Russian exile and his 30-year-old daughter, visiting from Moscow, were found unconscious on a bench in the British city of Salisbury last Sunday. Both are under treatment in hospital but in stable condition.
Valery Morozov, another former Russian intelligence officer who now lives in exile in Britain, said Skripal was still working with Russian military intelligence, Polygraph reported.
Earlier, Mark Rowley, head of the counter-terrorism division of London's Metropolitan Police, told reporters that the incident was being treated as attempted murder declaring that the origin of the spy was Russian.
"This being treated as a major incident involving attempted murder by administration of a nerve agent," Rowley said but did not specifically mention the nerve agent.
What Are Nerve Agents?
Nerve agents are highly toxic chemicals that resist the functioning of the nervous system and can be fatal.
They take different forms including powder and gas but they tend to be a liquid, which can seep through the skin.
Some of the better-known nerve agents include: tabun, sarin, soman, VX, cyclosarin or GF.
- Pakistani mangoes hit Singapore markets07:55 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan win silver at Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship06:57 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- FIA summons Shehbaz Sharif in money laundering, sugar mills cases06:35 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021