Veena Malik, Harbhajan Singh spar on Twitter over PM Imran Khan’s UN speech
LAHORE - Pakistani TV host Veena Malik has bashed former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh’s tweet criticising PM Imran Khan’s speech at UNGA that highlighted the Kashmir issue.
Singh pointed out the use of words like ‘bloodbath’ and ‘fight to the end’ in PM Khan’s speech and said it will only increase hatred between the two nations. “As a fellow sportsperson I expect him to promote peace,” he wrote.
Here is the post by former Indian cricket player:
At UNGA speech, there were indications for India of potential nuclear war. As a prominent sportsperson, Imran Khan’s choice of words 'bloodbath' 'fight to the end' will only increase hatred between the two nations. As a fellow sportsperson I expect him to promote ✌️ peace— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) October 2, 2019
Responding to Harbhajan's taunting tweet , Veena Malik wrote that “He talked about the reality and the horror that will surely occur when the curfew is lifted and sadly there’s gonna be a bloodbath. He clearly states that it’s not a threat but a fear,” the actress continued and asked, “Don’t you understand English?”.
Here is Veena Malik's response:
PM Imran khan DID talk about peace in his speech.He talked about the reality and the horror that will surly occur when the curfew is lifted and sadly there's gonna be a bloodbath.He clearly states that it’s not a threat but a fear— VEENA MALIK (@iVeenaKhan) October 7, 2019
Don’t you understand English? @harbhajan_singh https://t.co/WTpjholRoT
Responding to the actress, the Indian off-spinner criticized Veena’s English. “What do u mean by surly? Oh is it surely ?? chill pill next time try and read before u put something in English,” Harbhajan tweeted.
What do u mean by surly? Oh is it surely ?? 😂😂😂😂 lo ji dekho yeh Angreji Inki.. chill pill next time try and read before u put something in English 👍 https://t.co/dgaTOJplDU— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) October 8, 2019
The prime minister’s historic speech at the 74th UN General Assembly 2019 on September 27 bringing the world’s attention to the atrocities carried out by India in occupied Kashmir has been lauded by many people.
A curfew has been imposed in the valley for more than two months.
What is your say on Veena Malik's response to Harbhajan Singh? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019