Veena Malik, Harbhajan Singh spar on Twitter over PM Imran Khan’s UN speech
LAHORE - Pakistani TV host Veena Malik has bashed former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh’s tweet criticising PM Imran Khan’s speech at UNGA that highlighted the Kashmir issue.
Singh pointed out the use of words like ‘bloodbath’ and ‘fight to the end’ in PM Khan’s speech and said it will only increase hatred between the two nations. “As a fellow sportsperson I expect him to promote peace,” he wrote.
Here is the post by former Indian cricket player:
At UNGA speech, there were indications for India of potential nuclear war. As a prominent sportsperson, Imran Khan’s choice of words 'bloodbath' 'fight to the end' will only increase hatred between the two nations. As a fellow sportsperson I expect him to promote ✌️ peace— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) October 2, 2019
Responding to Harbhajan's taunting tweet, Veena Malik wrote that “He talked about the reality and the horror that will surely occur when the curfew is lifted and sadly there’s gonna be a bloodbath. He clearly states that it’s not a threat but a fear,” the actress continued and asked, “Don’t you understand English?”.
Here is Veena Malik's response:
PM Imran khan DID talk about peace in his speech.He talked about the reality and the horror that will surly occur when the curfew is lifted and sadly there's gonna be a bloodbath.He clearly states that it’s not a threat but a fear— VEENA MALIK (@iVeenaKhan) October 7, 2019
Don’t you understand English? @harbhajan_singh https://t.co/WTpjholRoT
Responding to the actress, the Indian off-spinner criticized Veena’s English. “What do u mean by surly? Oh is it surely ?? chill pill next time try and read before u put something in English,” Harbhajan tweeted.
What do u mean by surly? Oh is it surely ?? 😂😂😂😂 lo ji dekho yeh Angreji Inki.. chill pill next time try and read before u put something in English 👍 https://t.co/dgaTOJplDU— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) October 8, 2019
The prime minister’s historic speech at the 74th UN General Assembly 2019 on September 27 bringing the world’s attention to the atrocities carried out by India in occupied Kashmir has been lauded by many people.
A curfew has been imposed in the valley for more than two months.
What is your say on Veena Malik's response to Harbhajan Singh? Let us know in the comments section below.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019