Over 1,000 Indian Islamic scholars issue fatwa against ISIS
In a letter to United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon sent last month, 1,050 scholars described themselves as believers and followers of Islam, and strongly condemned the actions of the ISIS, reported The New Indian Express.
Islamic scholars said the ISIS is guilty of committing heinous murders of innocent human beings, clicking images of their horrific misdeeds and showing them to the world through live videos and Internet posts, and at the same time, wrongly attributing them to be "Islamic acts done lawfully as per the Sharia."
They urged the UN Secretary General to uphold their fatwa as an example to the world, and denounce terror organisations like the IS or ISIS for the sake of global harmony and peace.
The letter was sent by Dr Abdur Rahman Anjaria, the president of the Islamic Defence Cyber Cell.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Share Your #HappyEid and #RamadanSpirit on TikTok with OPPO11:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021