US denies suspending military-intelligence cooperation with Pakistan
The defence minister on Tuesday speaking at a meeting entitled "Contours of Security Environment in Pakistan" said that the cooperation with the US had been ended, adding that there was need to discuss every matter with the US on table.
The minister, however, added that, the supply lines for NATO troops in Afghanistan will not be closed.
On the other hand, US Embassy in Islamabad has rejected the claims of any suspension. Talking to Voice of American Embassy spokesman Richard Snelsire said, “We have not received any formal communication regarding a suspension.”
"We would not allow Afghan war be fought on Pakistani soil, " he said.
An English daily quoted the minister as "At the same time, strategic dialogue between the two countries has also faced suspension for last two years. High level dialogues with US would not work until resumption and consistency in working level dialogues".
Talking about ties with India, the defence minister said that Pakistan desired amicable relations with its eastern neighbour, who is implementing the Cold Start doctrine causing tension in the region.
- Orange Line officials brutally thrash labourers for taking shelter ...11:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued for Suleman Shehbaz in money ...11:25 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran talks about Broadsheet revelations, Chan's resignation in ...11:09 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- North Korea unveils ‘world's most powerful’ weapon10:29 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- 'One marriage only,' Akhundzada issues unprecedented guidelines for ...09:51 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- What is the relationship between PM Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi and ...05:27 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Tahmina Javed enters Pakistan's drama industry07:30 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Mathira reveals about her relationship with ex-husband06:17 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021