Britain to send another 50 troops to Afghanistan
They will join the 450 British troops already in the country and aid counter-terrorism efforts and provide leadership training to Afghan forces.
Announcing the deployment at the NATO summit in Warsaw, British Prime Minister David Cameron said it was essential that Nato continued to work with the Afghan government and the Afghan security forces to help keep terrorists out of that country.
UK troops were due to leave Afghanistan by the end of this year, however, after this announcement their mission has been extended till 2017.
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 3,582 new infections, 67 deaths09:10 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 03 August 202108:46 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021