Highlights from Women's Day celebrated at BNU
Such days are an opportunity to reflect upon ourselves and to build a better tomorrow. The event was successfully executed under the supervision of Mehroz Sajjad, a faculty member at BNU.
The International Women's Day is not an event, it is a cause with a defined purpose which is to question the social stigma of gender roles of men and women and raising the right questions in changing the mindsets of our generation for the coming times.
It was very encouraging to see that, as the campus started filling up, there many who wore pink shirts, and a sense of unity developed that helped set the mood for the day. The event planned by the SMC department began with the highly energetic Haka Dance, which was performed for the first time in Pakistan.
Following the flash-mob Haka Dance, the event took a purposeful turn and poetic verses were stated regarding the importance of women. Moving on, there was a live theater performance on the topic of questioning the mindsets of our men in today's day and age. It raised questions such as how our society deals with women in the ways of the dark ages when the world is moving ahead every second. The characters gave a symbolic message through the characters portraying the roles of an oppressor, the ever-so-quiet-victim and how the voices of women are taken away in our society.
The theater performance had an impact on the audience that at times left them stunned and at times excited. Dr. Taimur, Dean of School of Mass Media and Communication, gave an uplifting speech afterwards, paying his due to the women in his life. The Head of department - Mr. Rana Faizan shared his own experience of how women in his life played a pivotal role in making him the man he is today.
The key note addresses, signing of the sticky notes on the wall of messages to the women in our lives, live violin and music closed the event, which brought together many to stand together in solidarity to pay tribute to the 3.5 billion women in the world who fight everyday for change.
Beaconhouse National University believes in standing up for women - because they raise us, work hand in hand with us, and inspire us to create. Everyone deserves equality.
#WeForShe #RespectHer #NoWomanNoMan #WomensDay #BNUSMC
- Lahore cop arrested for obscene act at woman during raid (VIDEO)07:22 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Kandahar at 'serious risk of falling' as Taliban besiege key cities ...07:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pillion riding allowed as Sindh revises certain Covid lockdown ...06:43 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Vaccination process in Islamabad, Rawalpindi suspended as online ...05:56 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Kashmir Premier League: Bonanza Satrangi signs up with Muzaffarabad ...04:59 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Kiara Advani turns 2902:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021