Athar Shah Khan 'Jaidi' passes away in Karachi
KARACHI – Athar Shah Khan, who was known as Jaidi, passed away in Karachi on Sunday morning after prolonged illness.
The legendary comedian artist, writer and poet performed in numerous plays and drama serials during his career that spanned for three decades.
He started his career as a writer for Radio Pakistan and wrote around 700 plays in the span of 20 years.
Minister for Information and Broadcasting Syed Shibli Faraz has expressed deep grief and sorrow over Jaidi's demise.
جناب اطہر شاہ خان جیدی کے انتقال پر بہت دکھ اور افسوس ہے۔ باکمال فنکار نے اپنے فن سے لوگوں میں قہقہےاور خوشیاں بکھیریں۔انہوں نےمزاح کونئی جدت دی۔ان کے شاندار کردار مداحوں کےذہن میں ہمیشہ نقش رہیں گے۔اللہ تعالی ان کو جوار رحمت میں جگہ عطا فرمائے۔— Senator Shibli Faraz (@shiblifaraz) May 10, 2020
In a tweet, Shibli said Athar Shah Jaidi entertained the general people by his art.
The artist modernised the humour and his unprecedented role will always be remembered by his fans, the minister added while praying for the departed soul.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020