Punjab Assembly deputy speaker tests positive for coronavirus
LAHORE - Punjab Assembly Deputy Speaker Sardar Dost Mazari tested positive for coronavirus as total cases surged to 29,465 in Pakistan.
Mazari said that he took test from a private laboratory and it came back negative but the result of public lab showed him coronavirus positive.
"Apparently I had developed no symptoms," he said, adding that he will take another test after few days. Mazari has self-isolated himself.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 29,465 on Sunday, according to government data.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 639, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 8,023 patients have fully recovered.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 234, while Punjab and Sindh follow with 192 and 180 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has so far recorded 24 deaths; Islamabad, 4' and Gilgit Baltistan, 3.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Al Aqsa mosque reopens after two months of closure over coronavirus05:12 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 70,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,499 confirmed ...04:51 PM | 31 May, 2020
- 'Pakistan to boost soybean yield by using China’s intercropping ...04:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020