Laundroid robot that washes, dries and folds clothes hits markets
All you have to do is open the door, pop the clothes in, press a button and then seven hours later open the door to find a pile of beautifully washed laundry, folded.
How does this sorcery take place? Well robots are obviously at the centre of all this along with some pretty absurd technology.
After the clothes are washed, Laundroid picks up each item and then scans it. Once it recognises a familiar clothing pattern it'll then kill them fold them and feed them through to the presentation shelf.
Unsurprisingly this is all pretty advanced stuff, so for now Laundroid is very much in the developmental stage.
What is significant is that there is a working model, and it does all of the things we've just mentioned.
While those that might argue that this incredible feat of technological ingenuity could have been better spent elsewhere, we would argue that they're wrong. Entirely.
There is some bad news, which is that we're all going to have to be quite patient.
Seven Dreamers, the organisation that created Laundroid, say that actual retail units probably won't exist until at least 2019 and even then they'll probably cost about as much as a small car.
Still, it's a small price to pay for knowing that you'll never have to do the washing ever again.
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Police submit challan against Mufti Aziz in student abuse case11:58 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand cricket team’s decision leaves Pakistanis in shock and ...11:42 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021