Pakistan Army confirms officer's death from coronavirus
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistani army officer has died from the novel coronavirus, the military's media wing confirmed late on Sunday.
Major Muhammad Asghar managing Torkham Border Terminal to ensure screening of people and movement of logistic convoys to Afghanistan. He was evacuated to CMH Peshawar with breathing problems, was put on ventilator but succumbed to coronavirus, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a tweet.
"There is no cause bigger than serving the Nation," it added.
Pakistan approaches 66,000 cases of coronavirus ... 11:39 AM | 30 May, 2020
LAHORE – The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 66,457, according to government data till ...
The national tally of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 30,891 on Monday morning.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 666, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 8,233 patients have fully recovered.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 245, while Punjab and Sindh follow with 197 and 189 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has so far recorded 26 deaths; Islamabad, 5' and Gilgit Baltistan, 4.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18.
Globally there are now at least 4.18 million cases of coronavirus with more than 283,000 deaths.
- Gulf Air starts flights from Pakistan after suspension of three months06:39 PM | 30 May, 2020
- First bulk cargo ship reaches at Gwadar port: Asim Bajwa05:46 PM | 30 May, 2020
- UK to provide further support Pakistan in fight against coronavirus05:39 PM | 30 May, 2020
- ColorOS 7 update to arrive on these OPPO phones in June05:17 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deletes social media after being trolled for quoting Quran03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020