Corruption in corona relief fund unearthed
MARDAN - Despite sufferings being faced by people due to coronavirus outbreak, some corrupt elements are still active to loot the funds allocated by the government to facilitate the lockdown-hit public.
The scandal is another challenge to the PTI government already facing backlash following the preliminary report on sugar and wheat crisis.
According to a private news channel, names of dead and non-eligible persons have been included in Mardan's Garhi Kapuara by a government committee in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Reports claimed that a former councilor has registered the names of relatives and some blue-eyed persons, bestowing the funds upon them.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has established Rs144 billion funds to distribute among 12 million families under which every applicant is given Rs12,000.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020