Oil, gas prices likely to shoot up with rupee depreciation
The fears have been expressed All Pakistan CNG Association (APCNGA) in the backdrop of the increased value of US dollar in the local market.
On the first trading day of this week, the US dollar observed an increase of Rs3, reaching to Rs110 in the interbank market amid volatility. On Friday, the US dollar surged by Rs4.5 in the interbank market and Rs1.5 in the open market.
Association's central leader Ghyias Abdullah Paracha called for arresting the devaluation of Pakistani currency in order to avert further financial burdens. He added that poverty would increase and cost of ongoing projects under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) would also jack up in case of rupee depreciation.
He said that energy is the largest import item of Pakistan and volatility in the exchange rate will hike prices of oil and gas which are already increasing in the international market.
If the depreciation of rupee continued, the price of oil and gas will face a hike of 7-10 percent, putting the burden on industries and citizens, he said.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- KP IG’s brother dies in Larkana road accident08:37 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021