Here's why Waqar Zaka rejected PISA 2020 Award
He was nominated for the ‘Pakistan social media icon’ award, which he refused to accept.
KARACHI - The famous reality show host, Waqar Zaka has opened up about why he refused to accept the PISA 2020 award even after being nominated. The social media sensation takes the credit for bringing the social media influencer and bloggers category to any Pakistani award event for the first time, as PISA this year awarded honours to the social media influencers as well.
However, Waqar Zaka who happens to be one of the jury members of Pakistan International Screen Awards (PISA 2020), held in Dubai and was nominated for the ‘Pakistan social media icon’ award, which he refused to accept.
As this year’s event was marred with a few controversies and mismanagement, as a few celebrities came forward showing their dismay over the event’s management. After coming to know that Waqar Zaka refused to accept his award we thought he might be supporting those neglected celebrities, however, that’s not the case.
Waqar Zaka shared the reason in a social media post saying, “Proud to start social media Awards, despite my differences with social media artists, I made the nominations & as leading jury member, eliminated myself from nominations, otherwise, it was very easy for me to nominate myself or create a special award for Waqar Zaka – remember Jury member should not be nominated."
What is your say on this? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020