SC orders restoration of Karachi Circular Railway within 3 months
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Wednesday ordered the government to restore debunked Karachi Circular Railway within three month.
A bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulazar Ahmad heard a petition pertaining to railways losses. Federal Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, Planning Minister Asad Umar and other officials attended the hearing.
The chief justice ordered the authorities to start work on the KCR within one month in order to make it fully operational.
Umar argued that it would not possible, to which, the chief justice remarked: “Make your people to deliver”.
“Why are you giving the KCR to the Sindh government?” the chief justice questioned and remarked that the circular railway’s condition would be like plight of transport in the city.
Why the KCR was made a part of the CPEC? The chief justice asked. The planning minister said that the decision was taken due to the prevailing economic condition. The chief justice remarked that Pakistan may get loan at higher rate from China.
- Injured leopard dies a day after being rescued from AJK’s Neelam ...01:12 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- ICC names Mohammad Rizwan T20I Cricketer of the Year12:46 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Guterres reiterates UN stand on Kashmir’s settlement as per ...12:18 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran to connect with people on live phone calls today11:49 AM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Omicron sub-variant BA.2 puts scientists on alert11:24 AM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Tu Jhoom – Daler Mehndi all praise for Naseebo Lal07:15 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Ali Zafar rocks the stage at Dubai Expo 202006:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar opens up about his equation with Naimal Khawar05:25 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021