SC orders restoration of Karachi Circular Railway within 3 months
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Wednesday ordered the government to restore debunked Karachi Circular Railway within three month.
A bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulazar Ahmad heard a petition pertaining to railways losses. Federal Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, Planning Minister Asad Umar and other officials attended the hearing.
The chief justice ordered the authorities to start work on the KCR within one month in order to make it fully operational.
Umar argued that it would not possible, to which, the chief justice remarked: “Make your people to deliver”.
“Why are you giving the KCR to the Sindh government?” the chief justice questioned and remarked that the circular railway’s condition would be like plight of transport in the city.
Why the KCR was made a part of the CPEC? The chief justice asked. The planning minister said that the decision was taken due to the prevailing economic condition. The chief justice remarked that Pakistan may get loan at higher rate from China.
- PM Imran pledges ‘big package’ for construction section to save ...01:28 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Another PIA plane carrying significant medical relief supplies from ...12:52 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- SHC overturns Omar Sheikh’s death sentence, acquits 3 in US ...12:14 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Punjab wants to trial anti-malaria drug on coronavirus patients11:51 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 31 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,20011:22 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019