SC orders restoration of Karachi Circular Railway within 3 months
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Wednesday ordered the government to restore debunked Karachi Circular Railway within three month.
A bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulazar Ahmad heard a petition pertaining to railways losses. Federal Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, Planning Minister Asad Umar and other officials attended the hearing.
The chief justice ordered the authorities to start work on the KCR within one month in order to make it fully operational.
Umar argued that it would not possible, to which, the chief justice remarked: “Make your people to deliver”.
“Why are you giving the KCR to the Sindh government?” the chief justice questioned and remarked that the circular railway’s condition would be like plight of transport in the city.
Why the KCR was made a part of the CPEC? The chief justice asked. The planning minister said that the decision was taken due to the prevailing economic condition. The chief justice remarked that Pakistan may get loan at higher rate from China.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020