Diamer-Bhasha Dam: Pakistan decides to start construction activities
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the construction activities of Diamer-Bhasha Dam to ensure water security and to meet its energy and agriculture requirements.
While chairing a briefing on national water security strategy and construction of dams to meet agricultural as well as energy requirements of the country, the prime minister said that after its completion, the dam will boost construction and provide a huge stimulus to national economy.
He directed that use of local material and expertise should be accorded priority during the construction of Diamer Bhasha Dam, which will provide huge job opportunities to our people.
The Prime Minister expressed satisfaction over progress made so far and directed to immediately start construction activities of the dam.
Earlier, the Prime Minister was briefed in detail about the progress of resolution of all pending issues pertaining to construction of Diamer Bhasha Dam.
Chairman WAPDA briefed the meeting about progress of ongoing construction of Mohmand Dam that started recently.
The Prime Minister was also apprised of the progress on resolution of pending issued related to Dasu Dam project.
- Lockdown caused huge losses to tourism industry, says KP minister09:31 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Facebook launches ‘Manage Activity’ to archive or delete past ...09:07 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: 206 stranded Pakistanis leave Shanghai for Karachi08:59 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Maulana Tariq Jameel suffers injuries after collapsing in home08:01 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- 13 officials terminated over corruption in Ehsaas programme07:59 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari responds to backlash regarding his second marriage ...01:06 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Sakina Samo, Rubina Ashraf test positive for coronavirus12:18 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, and others participate in Black Lives ...11:58 AM | 2 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020