Fight cases in courts instead of confrontation, Nisar advises Nawaz
Addressing a press conference in Taxila on Thursday, the legislator expressed that Nawaz Sharif and his family were facing Supreme Court sanctioned accountability references.
"My opinion is that we should fight our case in the courts with full force without any confrontation with courts. This is not right for Nawaz Sharif, the party, institutions or the country," he said.
The former security czar observed that he would like to believe that the courts were deciding on the facts of the case presented before them.
To a question about Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif's invitation to the United States for joint action against terrorist groups, Nisar said that no sovereign country could allow for a joint operation within its borders, nor make such a proposal.
The lawmaker continued that Pakistan was a functioning democracy which had faith in the capabilities of its armed forces and intelligence agencies.
Nisar cautioned that inviting another power to conduct an operation in our country was like making a mockery of the country.
"If there is such a proposal, a similar operation should also be carried out in Afghanistan." he declared.
The PML-N leader expressed that if anyone was suspicious of some terrorist or militant groups existing in Pakistan then we have proof that terrorists operate in broad daylight in Afghanistan.
Regarding the statement of his Sialkot-based fellow Khawaja Asif to clean our own home, Nisa wondered as to who had stopped us [Pakistan] from doing so.
"Be it the prime minister or his ministers, if they spend their time putting our house in order rather than making statements, it would be better for the country".
Chaudhry Nisar clarified that he was a part of ruling party from 1985 and till 2013, he had no differences but hastened to add that few things happened after 2013.
He also cleared the air that a forward block was not being formed with Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz.
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour09:35 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore09:10 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion08:15 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022