PM Imran accepts Asim Saleem Bajwa's resignation as SAPM
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has finally relieved former Army general Asim Saleem Bajwa from the duties of Special Assistant on Information and Broadcasting.
"I requested the honourable Prime Minister to relinquish me from the additional portfolio of SAPM on Info & broadcasting. He very kindly approved my request," Bajwa said in a tweet Monday.
Asim Bajwa, who retired as the Commander of Army's Southern Command and now sits as the Chairman of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority, had tendered his resignation to Prime Minister Imran Khan last month following a controversy about his family wealth.
‘99 companies, over 130 restaurants’: Asim ... 07:27 PM | 28 Aug, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Lieutenant General (retired) Asim Saleem Bajwa, the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) chairman ...
However, PM Khan had not accepted his resignation, saying he was satisfied with the "evidence and explanation" presented by Asim Bajwa.
- Minor boy sexually assaulted by prayer leader in Faisalabad11:35 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to reduce prisoners’ sentences on eve of Eid Milad-un-Nabi10:16 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Pakistani fathers to get one-month leave on birth of child09:31 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran gives approval to establish 120 accountability courts08:39 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Nawab Atta Muhammad Khan Memorial Tent pegging tournament concludes08:28 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Expanding the skin colour palette, beauty industry leader celebrates ...03:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- The Weeknd leads American Music Awards nominations02:21 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Sarah Khan's best fashion moments in 'Sabaat'01:49 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020