Finance Minister Tarin flies to US for key IMF talks
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Finance Shaukat Tarin has left for the US to attend the annual meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Reports said that Tarin, who is leading the Pakistani delegation, will hold policy-level talks with the IMF from October 13 to 15.
During the meeting, the finance minister will brief the global lender about the economic performance of Pakistan.
Pakistan would receive the next installment worth $1 billion from IMF if the talks are successful in the US.
IMF’s programme under $6 billion EFF is stalled since March this year and it can only be revived if both sides found common grounds to move ahead.
IMF asks Pakistan to raise income and sales tax 10:23 AM | 8 Oct, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Thursday asked Pakistan to take additional taxation measures ...
- Punjab Health minister tests positive for Covid-19 for the second ...01:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan to help Saudi Arabia plant 10bn trees to tackle climate ...12:42 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Bahrain's Crown Prince calls PM Imran, expresses condolences over ...12:17 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Xulfi served Rs100 million notice over 'Tu Jhoom' copyright ...11:19 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Watch: Mahmood Choudhry celebrates ‘princes’ Bakhtawar Bhutto’s ...08:22 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021