Finance Minister Tarin flies to US for key IMF talks
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Finance Shaukat Tarin has left for the US to attend the annual meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Reports said that Tarin, who is leading the Pakistani delegation, will hold policy-level talks with the IMF from October 13 to 15.
During the meeting, the finance minister will brief the global lender about the economic performance of Pakistan.
Pakistan would receive the next installment worth $1 billion from IMF if the talks are successful in the US.
IMF’s programme under $6 billion EFF is stalled since March this year and it can only be revived if both sides found common grounds to move ahead.
IMF asks Pakistan to raise income and sales tax 10:23 AM | 8 Oct, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Thursday asked Pakistan to take additional taxation measures ...
- Interior Minister skips Pakistan-India match amid TLP protests10:36 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- CTD guns down 9 ‘Daesh’ terrorists in Balochistan’s Mastung10:12 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of Covid cases in a year09:42 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 October 202108:44 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Madam Noor Jehan's family responds to Ali Azmat's remarks04:44 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021