Lata Mangeshkar praises auto rickshaw driver for singing ‘Yaad Piya Ki Aye
She also shared the video as Master Aslam was singing Bade Ghulam Ali’s thumri ‘Yaad pia ki ayye’ on Facebook page.
As the ‘thumri’ sung by Master Aslam went viral on social media, many were surprised to know that the singer drove an auto-rickshaw in Karachi.
A few hours after the clip was uploaded, Lata Mangeshkar in Mumbai shared it on her Facebook page.
She also wrote that such artistes should be standing before the microphone singing and not driving rickshaws.
Namaskar. Abhi abhi mujhe kisine ye video bheja.Ye koi rickshaw chalewala hai aise video ke saath likha hua tha. Sunke main hairan hogayi. Mehsoos hua ki Ishwar kahan kahan apna chamatkar dikhata hai. Aap bhi suniye, main dil se chahti hun ki ye kalakar rickshaw na chalaaye ,mike ke saamne khada ho.
Master Aslam is not new to limelight.
In 1993, he took part in a NTM TV program and reached the grand finale of the talent show.
Couple of month before a Painter Baba singing the Ghazal of Ustad Ghulam Ali Khan and one song of the Sajjad Ali also got popularity. However, this man is the only one to get appraisal from a legend singer.
- Meet Pakistan's first transgender lawyer02:20 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran to nominate Gilgit Baltistan CM today01:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Indian Navy's MiG-29K crashes into Arabian Sea, pilot missing12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Three killed as fire rages at factory in Karachi’s Orangi12:17 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Sikh pilgrims arrive in Pakistan to attend Baba Guru Nanak's 551st ...12:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020