The Weeknd donates $300,000 to help victims of Beirut explosion
The Weeknd has donated $300,000 to victims of the devastating blast in Beirut, Lebanon.
The singer's manager Wassim Slaiby announced the news on Instagram, writing “I am so honored and humbled to work with artists who have such deep care for the world and right now for our brothers and sisters of Lebanon who are in pain and need our collective help.”
'I want to thank my brother @theweeknd for his generous and class act donating $300,000 to the Global Aid for Lebanon campaign,” Slaiby wrote.
In June, the Singer donated to several charities, including $200,000 each to Black Lives Matter and the Colin Kaepernick Know Your Rights Camp Legal Defense Initiative; $100,000 to National Bail Out. Moreover, $500,000 each were donated towards the MusiCares Covid-19 Relief Fund and to frontline health workers at Scarborough Health Network, the healthcare network in his Ontario hometown.
Last week, the Weekend also conducted a virtual concert on TikTok that collected $350,000 for the platform’s Equal Justice Initiative.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021