Kashmir Martyrs Day: PM Imran pays tribute to Kashmiris for their struggle against limitless tyranny
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Tuesday paid tribute to Kashmiris on Kashmir Martyrs Day for their struggle against tyranny illegal Indian Occupation.
In a tweet, Khan referred to the 22 Kashmiris who were martyred 89 years ago during a protest against the autocratic rule of a Hindu Maharaja in the Muslim majority state as the ‘forefathers of today's Kashmiri resistance’.
The premier in this regard wrote, “We stand with Kashmiris on Kashmir Martyrs’ Day and pay tribute to 22 Shuhada of 13 July 1931, martyred when the Dogra Maharaja’s soldiers fired on peaceful protestors.”
We stand with Kashmiris on Kashmir Martyrs’ Day & pay tribute to 22 Shuhada of 13July1931, martyred when the Dogra Maharaja's soldiers fired on peaceful protestors. Kashmiris' struggle against tyranny & illegal Indian Occupation is steeped in a history of resistance & sacrifice.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 13, 2021
The tweet further stated that “Kashmiris’ struggle against tyranny and illegal Indian Occupation is steeped in a history of resistance and sacrifice.”
In another tweet of the series, PM mentioned that Kashmir Martyrs Day is reminiscent of the utmost price paid for freedom by brave Kashmiris.
This indomitable spirit of resistance remains alive as Kashmiri men & women continue to fight illegal Indian Occupation. Pakistan stands with the Kashmiris in their just struggle & will not compromise till they get their right to self determination guaranteed by UNSC resolutions.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 13, 2021
“This indomitable spirit of resistance remains alive as Kashmiri men & women continue to fight illegal Indian Occupation. Pakistan stands with the Kashmiris in their just struggle & will not compromise till they get their right to self-determination guaranteed by UNSC resolutions,” it further stated.
It was on July 13, 1931, when tens of hundreds of Kashmiris gathered outside the premises of Central Jail in Srinagar where Abdul Qadeer, a resident of British India, was being tried on the charge of sedition, for inciting Kashmiris against the Dogra ruler at a gathering in Khanqah-i-Muallah on June 21, the same year.
Remembering Kashmir Martyrs Day- July 13, 1931.— kashmiriHistorypics (@KashHistorypics) July 12, 2021
On 13 July 1931, thousands of Kashmiris flocked to the central jail in Srinagar to see the trial of Abdul Qadeer. As the time for obligatory jumma prayer approached, a Kashmiri stood up to deliver the adhan. #Kashmir pic.twitter.com/VpGA4KoTku
At the time of Zuhr prayer, one of the boys stood to make a call to prayer and was shot dead by the armed forces. He was succeeded by another member who met the same fate. In all, 22 men rose to complete the call to prayer and all were dead in a short time.
Another four killed by India as Kashmiris ... 07:24 PM | 8 Jul, 2021
Indian troops in their fresh acts of state terrorism martyred four more Kashmiri youth in two districts of the occupied ...
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Noor Mukadam murder: Can’t get Zahir Jaffer killed in police ...07:42 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran facing life threats, reveals information minister07:09 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Afghan team arrives in Islamabad to probe 'kidnapping' of Afghan ...06:36 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty releases detailed statement after husband Raj Kundra's ...04:08 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021