Salaries of election tribunal judges to be brought on par with session judges
High court Chief Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah issued the order on an application filed by former judge of election tribunal, Javed Rashid Mehboobi. He also ordered to issue arrears of all allowances to the tribunal judges.
"There cannot be a difference in salaries of an on duty judge and retired session judge appointed at the election tribunal," the order stated, adding that the principle of same salary and privileges for same job will be applicable.
An assistant to court Hafiz Tariq Naseem submitting arguments in favour of retired judges said that discrimination in appointment of judges at election tribunal should be abolished.
On the other hand, the applicant argued that judges of election tribunal were not given the same level of salaries and allowances despite doing the same kind of work.
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- e& International delegation meets key government stakeholders from ...08:34 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Sarah Khan reveals the secret behind her weight loss07:39 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022