Shahid Afridi takes surprising step to help poor people in lockdown
LAHORE - Pakistan former skipper Shahid Khan Afridi has offered to work for brands in exchange of not money or personal interest but for ration and funds that can be utilised to facilitate the people facing financial problems due to coronavirus lockdown.
While posting on Twitter, he wrote: “I have been lucky to have worked with many brands for ads/promotion. Now working first hand with the ones suffering during COVID-19, I have a proposal to all brands: I will work with brands for free personally - I just want ration and funds in return”.
I have been lucky to have worked with many brands for ads/promotion. Now working first hand with the ones suffering during #COVID2019 I have a proposal to al brands: I will work with brands for free personally - I just want ration and funds in return #DonateKaroNa @SAFoundationN pic.twitter.com/UI43gkBTmo— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) April 13, 2020
The all rounder is running a campaign on social media titled ‘Donate Karo Na’ to support the underprivileged segment of the society.
The country is undergoing a lockdown after the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pakistan swelled to 5,716 with nearly 100 deaths in the country.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020